Tuesday
Sep152009

Rumor of the Day: Pink Elephant to Room Service

Here's a fun little rumor that we just heard. According to a Little Birdy, Pink Elephant on 27th Street is no longer the real Pink Elephant, and the owners of Pink Elephant are hoping to take over another venue. Confused? So are we, so we will let our Little Birdy explain. According to our LB, "M2 is operating the space & the Pink owners (David and Bobby) are gone. They went to court this morning in order to get an injunction against the M2 people to have them stop using there name." Not only that, but our LB also tells us that the Pink team are hoping to take over the former Room Service space on 21st Street that is currently hosting Mr. Black on Friday nights. Got all of that? We called Pink Elephant a few minutes ago, finding out that they are still open for business Wednesday through Sunday nights. Who is actually in charge, we don't know.

« How to Get Into the Jane | Main | Simon Hamerstein Unleashes Purgatorio »

about a club that is 4 years old that is a shit hole and has been for four years

September 15, 2009 at 03:05PM | Unregistered Commenterwho fuc*ing cares

(yawn)

September 15, 2009 at 04:00PM | Unregistered CommenterAdrock

this looks a lot like avenue, as you guys already know.

September 15, 2009 at 04:35PM | Unregistered Commentertony

I don't know about the Room Service thing but, this is 100% true.

September 15, 2009 at 04:57PM | Unregistered CommenterFor Real

as the posting headline says....
RUMOR.

September 15, 2009 at 05:00PM | Unregistered Commenterduh

pink is a shithole. whether its run by bobby and sarner or the guidos who run m2. considering that pink i pretty much guido ne way it seems like a perfect fit. Cant wait till the waitresses start rocking ARMANI EXCHANGE. LONG LIVE GINO THE GINNY!

September 16, 2009 at 12:31AM | Unregistered CommenterGUIDOS FOR EVERYONE

Guys don't be haters... This club has been running successfully for 4 years and has become a branded
trademark in terms of commercial house music...

September 16, 2009 at 07:54PM | Unregistered CommenterElephant Man

Have to agree with Elephant Man, it has stayed the most consistent over time, and internationally is a very well recognized brand. The hosting services and music quality is always top-notch (on in-house nights, that is). Marquee for all its brand power in NYC never opened a Marquee anywhere else. The jetset crowd knows and respects the Pink name. I don't think its done though, probably just some of the usual infighting.

Cain, on the other hand....

September 17, 2009 at 12:02AM | Unregistered CommenterNYCOracle

Pink is absolutely still open and rocking out harder than ever. 2 of the 4 original owners (Bobby and David) left for private reasons and are pursuing other venues to operare, but things will remain the same at Pink. Look for special events to be hitting Pink throughout the Fall season.

To all you haters- don't be upset that you were deemed too fat to be allowed inside the club.. need to keep it classy ya know? ;-)

September 17, 2009 at 12:13AM | Unregistered Commentersmiggs

Sick diss smiggs, call people fat.

I will have to remember that one bro!

September 17, 2009 at 10:14AM | Unregistered CommenterDavid Jaffee

I went to Pink last Saturday at 2am and we couldn't get a table, I am cool with Stephan but he said it was completely sold out and they couldn't do much. They comped us admission because I have dropped cash there before, but I have to admit it was totally packed, owners or no owners...

September 17, 2009 at 01:07PM | Unregistered Commenterfairness

Pink Elephant has had the most consistent parties in New York for years. I don't know the owners and I wouldn't know if they were there or not there on any night that I am but I do know the crowd is always good looking and trendy, the music is very good, the staff are real pros and I always have a great time.

September 17, 2009 at 04:05PM | Unregistered CommenterParty Hard

Yup Pink is internationally recognized... Punta del Este, Sao Paolo, Hamptons, St Barth etc... Don't think we can say as much for most other clubs! Last night was simply amazing, full house, room sold out and an energy to keep you awake until dawn. All I can say is WOW!

September 18, 2009 at 01:57PM | Unregistered CommenterElephant Man

The rumor is apparently true. PE crew set to move into Room Service space this weekend. All I can say is that the people behind Room Service are liars and were telling Mr. Black one thing, while doing another behind their back. Nothing surprising for most of clubland, but they were using Mr. Black until they could get the PE deal sorted. I hope PE knows what they're in for as the RS people can't be trusted for shit. PE is a great brand and as they've always done well, will bring that 4th rate space more cachet than they've ever seen. I wish PE well, but they should watch their backs.

September 24, 2009 at 05:22PM | Unregistered Commenterold school

Thank you for sharing such a beautifulchat sohbet sohbet odaları cinsel sohbet

March 27, 2010 at 05:09AM | Unregistered CommenterRyc

Gallery of pictures travesti from the site where the travesti personal information travesti and dynamic, and travesti dynamic beauty of the travesti parties in poll you see here.

July 19, 2010 at 04:56PM | Unregistered Commentertravesti