Monday
Aug172009

The End of Le Royale

Le Royale is closed. The former Luke and Leroy had reopened in December 2007, and had attracted a slew of top DJ talent playing to small crowds, but Saturday was indeed their final night under current management. We all shall weep together.

« Utah Still Has Some Tough Drinking Laws | Main | The Meatpacking District is Fun! »

for awhile, monday nights at le royale was one of the best parties in the city. it was too good to last, but i was glad to have been there. thank you terry for never compromising on the music and talent (if you're reading this tc, i know you verrrrrrry well LOL).

August 13, 2009 at 03:26PM | Unregistered Commenterveteran

We jumped the gun here. Sorry

August 13, 2009 at 03:41PM | Registered CommenterDBTH

boohoo what is going to happen to michka!!!?

August 17, 2009 at 11:12AM | Unregistered Commenterjames goldman

Michka is now the manager at LEVANTeast in The Hotel on Rivington.

August 17, 2009 at 11:31AM | Unregistered Commentermichka

also heard that DJ Josh Link moved the Monday Night Le Royale Party with Michka to the Eldridge.

August 17, 2009 at 11:32AM | Unregistered Commenteralso heard

B-roc and David Katz were the resident DJs at Le Royale on Mondays. The party at the Eldridge is completely unrelated - not an extension of Mondays at Le Royale. Veteran is right - Terry brought in the best DJs/talent in the city and was uncompromising with the music. LR is my second home on Friday nights, but since I was out of town last week I went on Saturday night...and witnessed one of the best dj sets I've ever heard. Don't know who the DJ was, but apparently he's been the resident for over a year. Wish I had stopped in on Saturdays more often. Sad to see it end.

August 18, 2009 at 03:15PM | Unregistered CommenterWho's the DJ?

yea, sad, fridays at le royale were some of the best nights out in new york city, great music every week from some serious heavy hitters...

August 18, 2009 at 03:30PM | Unregistered Commenteroutandabout

There were a few good parties at Le Royale, but lets be honest it sucked majorly 90% of the time. I was dragged down there often by my promoter friends (who are all owed money by the way) and it was average at best. Always emptied out early and you stood a good chance of getting your belongings stolen if you took your eye off them for a second (I had a purse AND a jacket stolen at that place). I wont miss it. Certainly never lived up to the hype (if there ever was any?).

August 18, 2009 at 08:03PM | Unregistered CommenterQue?

Agreed. That place totally sucked. Weak crowd. Lame promoters.

August 22, 2009 at 10:42AM | Unregistered Commenteranonymous

Monarch Mondays at Le Royale has been moved to Above Allen as of 2 weeks ago.

August 22, 2009 at 11:20PM | Unregistered CommenterMonarch Mondays

Ya think y'all know the inside info but y'all be trippin. Monarch Mondays was started by my boy Mikey D. That's his party. It moved to Above Allen with the same crew. There's some REAL inside info.

August 22, 2009 at 11:31PM | Unregistered CommenterFly

my 2 cents : unless theres an extreme amount of free alcohol, blow being snorted rather indiscreetly and parties going past 4am : its just not monarch mondays

RIP MONARCH MONDAYS. RIP LE ROYALE. AND RIP TERRY IF HE DOES NOT PAY THE PEOPLE HE STILL OWES MONEY TO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 23, 2009 at 01:54AM | Unregistered Commenteryoyoyo!!!!!!!!!!!!