Monday
Aug172009

Beer Table is So Dow 14,000

We made a trip to Park Slope for some Celebrate Brooklyn action on Friday night and popped into Beer Table on 7th Avenue. While quaint and charming, the cheapest beer in the house was $10. And it was a Six Point Bengali, which is brewed in a factory 10 minutes from the restaurant. No matter the concept, a booze list needs to be balanced for all parts of the wallet. We high tailed it out of there and enjoyed the $4 pints of Pale Ale at the Old Carriage Inn. A solid beer at a reasonable price - now that's what we call balanced!

« Comment of the Day | Main | Utah Still Has Some Tough Drinking Laws »

poor scott, always complaining about how drink prices are so high. takes out his low class jealousy and anger out on club owners, celebrities, socialites and other new yorkers of high class status. while we're in the hamptons, hes in park slope. and we wonder why his blog is so negative. hey scott, if u ever happen to be in the same venue as myself, ill buy you a drink or even better, ill let you sit at my table with BOTTLE SERVICE.

www.guestofaguest.com

August 17, 2009 at 05:23PM | Unregistered Commenterpoor scott

i think that is perhaps the pinnacle of low-class, obnoxious and rather pathetic behavior. bottle service? hamptons? go get fucked. you guys are fucking losers.

now, a normal person, noticing a sixpoint for $10 somewhere other than where you dicktards hang out is decent dbth material.

also, fyi, the vast majority of the world has no interest in being part of your faux-socialite bullshit extravaganza. it's all an illusion and the funny thing is how all the 'socials' that you cover snicker behind your backs about how you're all just social climbers and make fun of you to all of us for how you try to claw your way into their private parties.

poor and pathetic with an aloof nebraskan living out her sex and the city dreams at the helm. i'll take park slope last weekend with animal collective doing celebrate brooklyn before i would ever even has a coffee with any of you shallow, pithy swine.

August 17, 2009 at 06:03PM | Unregistered Commenterstua

ssssssssssss! ouch! my choice, dbth! guestofaguest is exactly that!

August 17, 2009 at 10:06PM | Unregistered Commenterjullian pill

i figured out that stua is also scott

August 18, 2009 at 08:56AM | Unregistered Commenterkade city

While I agree that Beer Table is absurdly pricey, the Carriage Inn is the biggest dive in Park Slope, and that includes legendary hellholes like Timboo's and Jackie's Fifth Amendment. The Carriage House is the type of place that can be smelled a block away on hot days.

There are dozens of better bars in the Slope that sell good beer at decent prices.

August 18, 2009 at 09:39AM | Unregistered CommenterLex

Agreed on all accounts. However, when looking for a few quick drinks near the Park and near the subway, the OCI was solid enough.

August 18, 2009 at 10:08AM | Registered CommenterDBTH

hmm. i don't think "stua" can possibly be scott cuz "stua" is like totally in loooove with me, but i'm pretty sure i scare scott-solish to death.

i'm just sayin.

August 18, 2009 at 12:04PM | Unregistered Commenterabbe diaz

Just a note - the Bengali Tiger IPA here is not their normal brew - this is a cask conditioned IPA that I've only had a Six Point event at Blind Tiger. I believe it was $8 or $9 there for a pint, and it is so much better than the standard Bengali Tiger IPA. That said, I've heard that the quality varies, so you may get a good one, and you may get a bad one.

Beer Table is very expensive, no doubt about that. But it's a beer snob bar plain and simple - they have the best of the best and often stock beers than no one else in America has.

August 18, 2009 at 12:33PM | Unregistered Commenterbklyn112

More to the point, why the hell would anyone who doesn't have a double-wide stroller hang out in Park Slope of their own free will?

August 18, 2009 at 03:45PM | Unregistered CommenterHahaha

Gotta say, not sure about Rachelle's style, but that doesn't sound like Cameron at all. Doubt he's commenting on drink prices from Poland (where he is at present).

August 18, 2009 at 05:25PM | Unregistered CommenterClassy Guest

1. cameron comments from wherever he is. he and rachelle are obsessed with dbth and can't get over the fact that scott couldn't give a shit about them.

2. abbe, you are correct. i'm not scott. i love you, but you also scare the shit out of me.

August 19, 2009 at 05:00AM | Unregistered Commenterstua

Some time ago, I needed to buy a building for my business but I didn't earn enough cash and couldn't buy anything. Thank heaven my mother suggested to try to take the personal loans from reliable creditors. Hence, I did that and used to be happy with my auto loan.

June 30, 2010 at 04:24PM | Unregistered CommenterMitziHamilton21