Tuesday
May192009

Is Griffin Already Dunzo?

Just as the Meatpacking District began its rebirth, could one of its heralded new clubs already be on its death bed? The answer is yes, sadly enough, since the one and only Arthur Kade invaded the Griffin this past weekend, saying he "dropped $2,300 on bottle service for a great location at The Griffin. I was surrounded by super-models and so many gorgeous girls that I actually felt a bit overwhelmed, and the manager made sure to give me his card for next time I come. . . .  It felt great to be in a room where I felt people matched up with how I look and act, and are ahead of the game. The atmosphere was great, and I even had a guy tell me outside the bathroom, “You’re a good looking dude”." That's just the scene we know most of you are looking for in a night spot.

« Flyer Follies: Finger on the Pulse | Main | More Tales of Woe From Clubland »

Lol I'm happy you posted that, this guy must have had a bad childhood the way he talks about life and how proud he is of himself in such a public forum. His description of the party is pretty accurate but I doubt anyone gave two shits who he was, let alone knew who he was, besides the waitress who wanted to collect her gratuity at the end of the night. I'm mad that I missed spotting him in my treks to Griffin this past week, it would have been comical to see him in action. I like how he even boasts the monetary amount he spends... At the end of the day my real question is, if this guy is actually this successful actor/model, what is he doing going back and forth from Philly like that's a good place to live if you're trying to succeed in that industry.

May 19, 2009 at 12:28PM | Unregistered Commenterjames goldman

Arthur Kade is an idiot. Why does he commute from Philly. Obviously if he had half a brain he would realize that in order to fulfill his (pathetic) "modeling/acting" career then he must do so here in New York or LA. The guy is a joke, I'm sure he will be blacklisted from every club soon, and I doubt the manager at Griffin knew who he was, otherwise he wouldn't have been let in.

May 19, 2009 at 02:06PM | Unregistered CommenterMoney Making

A real class act!! Best kisser=Stripper in Minne

" I started thinking about this when I made out with the 9 at The Griffin who actually was biting me and trying to suck my tongue out of my mouth, and bit my tongue so hard that it still hurts to eat.

I remember the best kisser I have ever had was a stripper in Minneapolis at “Sheiks” who I made out with for 2 hours in the Champagne Room in the back who was such a sexual kisser that I didn’t care how much it cost to keep her back there ($400 that night), because it was better than sex. "
www.arthurkade.com

May 19, 2009 at 02:10PM | Unregistered CommenterArthur Kade kisses Strippers

After a couple of decent times at Griffin (like the opening party which was pretty damn fine), I have to say that I was there Saturday night and it SUCKED! I don't read Kade's blog but a friend who does says he was there Saturday night. And all I can do is laugh if he thought that crowd was gorgeous and made up of supermodels! In fact it was so disinteresting and unattractive that I left after maybe 20 minutes - for sure never to return (on a weekend at least). Never mind the fact that the guy I think was Adam Hock rudely kicked my friend and I out of a seating area that wasn't even being used or needed at the time (we weren't even sitting, just standing).

Too bad, I know some of the people involved (the ones who have the better reputations of the group), and while Id like to wish them well, that opening party was already their crowning achievement, and, to be honest, way above what they could ever hope for on a regular basis. It just ain't gonna happen.

May 19, 2009 at 02:30PM | Unregistered Commenterold school

Tonight is the start of the seven deadly sins weekly party http://thegriffinny.com/gluttony/ should get pretty crazy...

May 19, 2009 at 03:16PM | Unregistered Commenterjames goldman

are you sure his blog isn't the biggest long-running spoof on this entire scene an how self-important the people who work within it make things...that would be spot on if it was...if homie is really serious and actually writes these things from the heart (which have to take like an hour each to write...their LOOOOONG) then....wow!

May 19, 2009 at 04:30PM | Unregistered Commenterha

Im starting to think that this whole ArthurKade thing is a hoax. No one could possibly be this big of a d-bag. Has anyone ever even seen this guy in person?? I dont think he is real.

May 19, 2009 at 04:46PM | Unregistered Commenteranon

At the end of the day, we're gonna find out this is just David Jaffee building a mailing list database.
Nice cover Jaffster

P.S.
Get a life. Make some friends. NO ONE likes you. You and Mayberg screw over your own clients... who does that.

May 19, 2009 at 04:49PM | Unregistered CommenterPropoganda

Kade is doing a sociology project, peeps. He's not real. The longer you stretch his 15 minutes the longer he'll keep doing it, to prove how stupid we all are while earning his doctorate from Penn. Stop paying attention!

May 19, 2009 at 05:25PM | Unregistered Commentertired

Wow. This guy is so desperate to be a part of something, some scene, some type of life. If this is true and not a hoax then this guy would be an interesting study in psychology. You could write a book about his perception of himself. He definitely has a destructive narcissistic pattern. He's trying to live his life on the web and he perceives himself to be famous. He has a self image of himself of superiority, entitlement. He wants to be admired.

May 19, 2009 at 09:55PM | Unregistered Commenterandy

And yet here you all are talking about him relentlessly, taking turns to take jabs at the guy as if he has gone out of his way to somehow affect your life. Take a look in the mirror, you are taking pleasure it talking shit about a guy you have never met, for no logical reason. He has a blog, minds his business, yet you read it, and take offense.

lol.. get a clue

May 19, 2009 at 10:54PM | Unregistered Commenterjust saying

very poorly run door at griffin

May 20, 2009 at 09:28AM | Unregistered Commentercash money

Oak was off the charts as usual for Tuesdays

May 20, 2009 at 10:26AM | Unregistered CommenterWho the F*ck is Rachel Hruska?

If you didn't have a choice who would you rather be and why?

Arthur kade or Mike Sky?

www.qjets.com

p.s. matt levine

May 20, 2009 at 11:23AM | Unregistered Commentertattoo

side bar: where do people go on tuesdays I was gonna go to cain but ended up just chilling @ one getting my swag on...

p.p.s. matt levine

p.p.p.s matthew dot levine dot come dot levant eldridge levine cole dot bernard dot porkys back slash yawn

May 20, 2009 at 11:25AM | Unregistered Commentertattoo

Propoganda - glass of champagne for you!

May 20, 2009 at 12:20PM | Unregistered Commenterso Lame

Look, in all fairness, I think this guy is a joke, but if he showed up to Griffin, or any other club, and dropped 2300 on a table, he will get in. It just makes economic sense to do that. Put him in the back, let him hit on some girls. Lets face it, the guys that drop 4-5K on a table are not class acts and celebrities, they are bridge and tunnel people with successful businesses that have money and like to be ballers, but don't have the club connections to get hooked up. NONE of us here in industry would spend 3K on a table at Griffin, or Oak, or TJ, or any of these places because we know people, and we know better. If this douchebag asshat wants to drop 3K, even though he's a "male model" fuck - let him. More money for NYC nightlife! if he lived in NYC he'd probably be a promoter (ooohh, watch out Jaffee!) and would be posting about his comp table and free bottles, that would be WORSE!

May 20, 2009 at 12:26PM | Unregistered CommenterNYCOracle

tracy westmoreland is the man, and manhattans is the shit! fuck griffin and fuck the meat packing district! that shit's been dead since the 80's! a bunch of zombies been walking around ever since. stay in bk, your night life depends on it!

May 20, 2009 at 02:06PM | Unregistered Commenterjullian pill

Hey Hey Happy New Year!

May 20, 2009 at 03:20PM | Unregistered Commenterbeen in the game for long time

LOL

May 20, 2009 at 04:00PM | Unregistered Commenteryawn

james choung makes out with dudes for fun pass it on

p.s. matt levine

change your RSS feeds!

p.s. david jaffee

sammy k sucks cock and has more chest hair than robin williams

p.s. dbth down by the hipsters

www.qjets.com

ON A LIGHTER NOTE HIT ME UP FOR A CHOPPER TO THE HAMPTONS RICH PEOPLE!!

May 21, 2009 at 12:00AM | Unregistered Commentertattoo

Not a penn student.

Thank god. Lest my institution be mired...

May 21, 2009 at 12:46PM | Unregistered CommenterPenn

griffin was slow last night....

May 21, 2009 at 05:11PM | Unregistered Commenterjames goldman

the hopelessly braindead commenting on the hopelessly insane

May 22, 2009 at 09:07AM | Unregistered CommenterThomas Jefferson

Let's be real Griffin was over before it opened following in the footsteps of its dump of a cousin Room Service. Opening was smashing, but thats what you get when you pay every celebrity in your rolodex a boat load of money to show up. Room is gorgeous but since the place is darker that Club NY ever was and its only been open a short time I doubt it'll last long. I don't know about the rest of you but being in a room occupied by Pablo Escobar's homosexual fan club were all you can see are eyes and teeth isn't my idea of a hotspot.

May 31, 2009 at 10:04PM | Unregistered CommenterAnonymous

griffin sucks filled with d bags

June 3, 2009 at 05:28PM | Unregistered Commenteranonymous