Thursday
Mar192009

Gramercy Park Takes to the Social Networks

How tough is the hotel business these days? Multiple Little Birdys who still use A Small World forwarded this email blast they received yesterday, promising all members a buy one get one for 50% off at Ian Schrager's Gramcery Park Hotel. One LB comments, "Hotels are getting DESPERATE, even the GPH, I wonder how Rose Bar is doing these days lol?" Well, we know that Rose Bar is doing just fine, but selling $20 drinks is not going to pay off the buiding's debt service.

In other Ian Schrager news, a Little Birdy tells us that work is progressing on the first batch of Edition Hotels, Schrager's much ballyhooed partnership with Marriott. Some of the pioneer locations include Istanbul and Waikiki, certainly unique destinations to launch a global brand. More news will be leaking through the coming months, so stay tuned.

« China 1 Gets Into Speakeasy Game | Main | SXSW 2009 Y'all »

I just read this ridiculous website. Rose Bar was great in Sept of 2006, when the idiots of this site probably still lived in Ohio. Word of advice; once ugly losers like yourselves are there, once promoters send mass txt about coming to an establishment to every one of us, the place is D.E.A.D

March 19, 2009 at 10:54AM | Unregistered CommenterNative Manhattan

Rose Bar is still consistently packed with a good crowd... The Hotel on the other hand I've heard is in the red - they have roughly $1 Million in operating costs each month they need to get to as a break even point.

Hey Native Manhattan where do you hang out - UES?

March 19, 2009 at 11:45AM | Unregistered Commenterwhatever

Dear Whatever,

We "Hang Out" wherever our group of friends decide to have dinner and drinks after, but since I was born and bred downtown, normally there. You on the other hand, with your statement of "consistently packed with a good crowd"...if you idea of a good crowd is promoters that work at TenJune, you must be a Long Island Native, went to a Jap school like syracuse, wisconsin, michigan or the like... your idea of a "beautiful" woman is someone that is five foot four inches tall and weighs 130 lbs and wears close too tight, like a ten pound sausage in a five pound bag. Interlopers, go back to wherever you came from; the west village and soho where so amazing before the sex and the city wannabes came to ruin it. (P.S. I realize why sex and the city show was so popular; It allowed ugly short girls with busted noses to believe that they could be fabulous and sought after by good looking people.. keep dreaming)

March 19, 2009 at 01:02PM | Unregistered CommenterNative Manhattan

Native Manhattan you are a fucking ghastly snob who would be rightly and roundly detested once you left the sweet milk of your trust fund.

March 19, 2009 at 01:42PM | Unregistered Commentercharlie

Native Manhattan,

Sorry buddy not a Long Island Native nor did I attend a "Jap" school.

My bad I thought for sure you would have stuck to Dorrian's and sloppy hand jobs from Emily Brill types.

I stand corrected! Your of the "downtown" trust fund ilk who are consistently drinking PBR and feigning poverty!

March 19, 2009 at 02:18PM | Unregistered Commenterwhatever

hahaha lol, who's was born and raised in downtown? You're pathetic Native Manhattan, point made is that if you're from Manhattan born and raised and you grew up downtown you're a joke. It's all about the UES or UWS fool.
Ps.
I know you're just upset because you have never been to Rose Bar, it's a good place indeed, and no it's not for hipsters so your little analogy of guys in tight jeans is lacking. Enjoy Suzy Wong that place is made for Native people from Manhattan.

March 19, 2009 at 04:38PM | Unregistered CommenterMoney Making

you are never getting in. Tell the door I said so.

March 19, 2009 at 05:16PM | Unregistered Commenterian schrager

To all my fans;

Since we were at "Rose" on opening night (with only about 85 people, none of which are you talking chimps) I know the difference between a great place (when rose opened or when double 7 first opened) and a place filled with talking primates (Rose bar now). "Hipsters" are another batch of losers and growing up downtown is a joke from those children from the UES or UWS that would get mugged if they venture to far from their co-op. Trust fund?! HA HA HA. Grandparents came from Western Europe you fools and only left us with something that money can't purchase; a great love of family. For those that equate $$ with being a joke, you are exactly the type of kid I would beat up as a kid. No one should feign poverty or drink bad beer (or beer period. Jack on the rocks please) You guys are and always will be LOSERS... go back to whatever small town you came from.

March 19, 2009 at 06:29PM | Unregistered CommenterNative Manhattan

Whenever someone drops the "i would beat up as a kid" they immediately lose all credibility.

Clearly, Native Manhattan is the most in the know, popular Manhattanite on the block. Lucky for us plebs he graces us with his time on here arguing with people behind the total anonymity of a computer screen when he could be with all of his super cool downtown crew.

March 19, 2009 at 07:43PM | Unregistered CommenterColin

Native Manhattan,

Cheers to your comments. These people from Kansas, Ohio, Nebraska, Indiana, etc. kill me when they come to the city and try to dictate what's hot. These cornballs can't be serious. They study a few seasons of Gossip Girl and now they're the authority?????? Give me a break. All these herbs will eventually go back to their mundane lives in the Midwest and tell stories to their inbred grandchildren about the good times they had in "The Big Apple"...Fucking meatballs.

March 19, 2009 at 10:19PM | Unregistered Commenterlittle ol me

I was at the opening of the Rose Bar and I don't remember anybody there begging for drinks and talking about how much love he has for his family.

How could I have missed that with only 85 people there?

March 19, 2009 at 10:24PM | Unregistered CommenterNativePoorGuy

if you were a real new yorker - you wouldn't talk like that. real new yorkers just live it they don't need to prove how new york they are by posturing on some blog. people like you don't deserve to live here in this city. new york is great bc people come from all around the world to live here and thats the problem with some of you born and raised kids. probably not your fault tho, your father or mother is probably just an angry deadbeat living in a rent stablized apartment that is 30 years past need of renovations. move out and make room for someone that has some class. ooh you're so fucking cool bc you were at rose bar when it opened. so was i, big fucking deal. grow up.

March 20, 2009 at 12:47AM | Unregistered Commenterover it

native manhattan sounds like david perry

March 20, 2009 at 01:29AM | Unregistered Commentermaya

We are all poseurs if we weren't would we be blogging about nightlife or living it? I have friends that are fucking so much cooler than I ever will be. Not because they can or can't get into Rose Bar but because they don't give a fuck they go to bars cause its fun and they play the music they like. They don't go to where the scene is they create the fucking scene. WE R ALL FUCKING DEAD INSIDE. Lets get over ourselves get fucked up do drugs and have sex it'll all be over soon.

March 20, 2009 at 09:27AM | Unregistered CommenterWilly Be G

willy be g, THANK YOU.

March 20, 2009 at 10:49AM | Unregistered Commentercrazy scene

Dear over it,

And where did you grow up? Connecticut? Thank you for proving my point. You make the absurd comment of someone who lives in a rent stabilized apartment should "move out to make room for people with class". Although I now own the building that I live, its that from the suburb mentality that equates those with less to those without having class. Quite the contrary; those interlopers that moved into manhattan after the Reign of Adolf Guiliani, have no class and believe that by purchasing a pair of louboutin shoes makes them a person with class. Everyone deserves to LIVE in New York or anywhere for that matter, but it's vacant people like yourself that have destroyed neighborhoods like Soho (that was once home to a vibrant artistic community and not a mall for you little J.A.P.'s with your nose jobs after your bot mitzvahs) or the west village. So thank you, keep taking the LIRR or Amtrak here. We need Manhattan to become a bland, vanilla, soulless place, safe for all the stroller mafias to roam the streets.

March 20, 2009 at 12:32PM | Unregistered CommenterNative Manhattan

Native Manhattan and Over It you both fucking annoy me. Please stop posturing, you are both really quite meaningless in the grand scheme of things. Boasting like you' re big and bad, chances are the closest thing either of you have ever come to a physical confrontation is on the school yard of your yeshiva when someone pushed you and your yarmulke fell off… Pipe down before pappy spanks you both!

March 20, 2009 at 01:14PM | Unregistered CommenterWilly Be G

Did I hear somebody talking tough? Must be watching too many of my movies.

March 20, 2009 at 01:43PM | Unregistered CommenterSteven Segal

not sure bout that willy, Native Manhattanite seems to be an anti-semite, more or less proving that theya re not a native NYer in the least, can we check an IP address to confirm Deluth? Is this the same idiot that started park avenue peerage? I think I smell an unappreciated child.

March 20, 2009 at 02:50PM | Unregistered Commentercrazy scene

Pardon me "Native Manhattan", but the only real Manhattan natives are the Manhattoe Indians that sold this rock to the Dutch for beads and change. And being 1/2 Manhattoe, I am realer than your sorry immigrant ass will ever be. The bodies of my ancestors are burried under Rose Bar, and their tortured spirits wail every night that the white man pounds overpriced drinks while treading on the sacred ground in limited edition "kicks" and hooker heels. Go back to the old country and suck on a keilbasa. Euros in America ain't nothin but posers. Stick that in your peace pipe and smoke it.

March 20, 2009 at 06:17PM | Unregistered CommenterDances with Wolves

I don't care who the hotel is buried on top of. Damien still won't let them in.

March 20, 2009 at 08:35PM | Unregistered CommenterIan Schrager

Native, seriously.....shut the fuck up. For someone who claims to be all about the cultural diversity provided by the immigrant population in New York (like your grandparents from W. Europe), everything you say is very anti-Semitic. Whether or not you are a Nazi, if you are a true New Yorker, you would understand that while posturing (on a blog, no less) against people from the Midwest may be okay, making degrading remarks about someone's faith, ethnicity, or race is pretty unacceptable, especially here. No one cares that you were born here and that you "own" the building you live in these days. You are an unsuccessful piece of trash and should be ashamed. Also, talking about how you would've beaten someone up when you were a kid is about as cool as GPH these days (at least according to your evaluation of the place). By the way, no I am not Jewish. I just happen to take offense to your ridiculous remarks and hypocritical stance on essentially everything under the sun.

March 20, 2009 at 10:45PM | Unregistered Commenterfuck NM

native new yorker, you are seeming like an antisemite and you do have no class. you should move out of new york bc people like you don't deserve to be here.

March 21, 2009 at 03:23PM | Unregistered Commenterlol

IF IM NOT AT BUTTER IM DOWN AT 1 OAK

March 23, 2009 at 12:50PM | Unregistered CommenterNUFF SAID

lmao everything native says is true! get off his jock already. If you're taking offense to what he's saying it's probably because it pertains to you.

March 24, 2009 at 03:45PM | Unregistered Commenterits me