Monday
Jan122009

Noel Ashman Moving On?

Why does Plumm get such a bum rap? According to one Little Birdy, it may have something to do with owner Noel Ashman selling out his interest in the club. Our LB says:

rumor is that noel ashman does not care about his biz is because he sold 40% of his club "Plumm". He is gonna closed soon and reopen with another name and new staff. Thats why he is having so many getto parties and not paying his staff. Also Damian Dash is gona be invoved in it.

We think Damian's momma may have an issue with that arrangement! As for closing, Noel Ashman's reps firmly deny the story, telling DBTH:

Story not true! In fact, Noel and his business team are looking to open another space in NYC as well as versions of The Plumm in Atlantic City and Las Vegas.

The A.C. rumors have been floated for a long time with nothing to show for it. The Plumm in Vegas?! Color us dubious over that story line, with our Vegas Guru telling us "no credible ny club owners want to be in vegas now. too expensive to open and the industry is in the doldrums." As for the Plumm, negative rumors have been swiriling around the space for months, and similar clubs turn over all the time in New York. The most important thing is the location and valid liquor license, and long term operators like Noel always seem to find cash to get things done. No word if Ethan Browne and Heather Hunter are going to be part of the new operations.

[Photo Credit]

« That's So Dow 14,000 | Main | Sleepy Puppy »

I'll be glad to see this place close. In the few times I went, I never enjoyed myself.

January 12, 2009 at 10:20AM | Unregistered Commenterthis place sucks

Its Damon.

January 12, 2009 at 11:46AM | Unregistered Commenterdamon

Please refer to the article above. Las Vegas, atlantic City...let's just see about that. The golden bottle service years are over! Las Vegas is about to go into a major tank. Third highest rate in the country of people losing their homes. Over-hyped places, $300 for a bottle, $14 cocktails see ya later

January 12, 2009 at 12:01PM | Unregistered Commenterclub king

THIS STORY IS ALMOST ALL BULLSHIT. I WORK AT THE PLUMM AND KNOW FOR A FACT THAT NOEL, DAMON ETHAN & THE CREW ARE LOOKING TO OPEN UP A SISTER CLUB TO THE PLUMM IN NY. PLUMM WILL REMAIN OPEN BECAUSE THEY ARE BRANDING IT. THE PERSON WHO STARTED THIS STUPID RUMOR THAT NOEL SOLD PART OF THE CLUB IS THAT FAT GUY WHO OWNS 49 GROVE WHO WAS PISSED THAT A BUNCH OF HIS PROMOTERS LEFT TO GO TO THE PLUMM.ALSO HE HAD TRYED TO HIRE TIM SPUCHES AND WAS REBUFFED AND IS MAD TIM IS AT THE PLUMM.

January 12, 2009 at 12:18PM | Unregistered CommenterTRUTH

this rumor about the plumm closing had been around for years! the plumm has been around over 3 years its not going anywhere deal!

January 12, 2009 at 12:27PM | Unregistered Commenterreality check

who at dbth is fucking noel? enough about him already

January 12, 2009 at 12:28PM | Unregistered Commenter?

I like the plumm! always have fun there

January 12, 2009 at 12:31PM | Unregistered Commenterlover

its damon dash not damien

January 12, 2009 at 12:33PM | Unregistered Commenterd

i am not going unless heather is going!!

January 12, 2009 at 12:37PM | Unregistered Commentercluber

i agree with damons x wife1

January 12, 2009 at 12:39PM | Unregistered Commentermommy

i want the plumm in la

January 12, 2009 at 12:40PM | Unregistered Commentergirly

bottle service sucks!!

January 12, 2009 at 12:42PM | Unregistered Commenteri agree with club king

dbth is right vegas sucks and is overdone miami would be a better bet

January 12, 2009 at 12:47PM | Unregistered Commenterdbth

I agree with truth the guy who owns that horrid place 48 grove is a fucking loser! i didnt know that place was still open?

January 12, 2009 at 12:50PM | Unregistered Commenterclub junky

the plumm has the old nells lease it has like 15 years left on it and pays very little rent believe me noel,damon and the 90 other celebrity owner are not going anywhere

January 12, 2009 at 12:56PM | Unregistered Commenterlol

all these clubs suck! bars are so much cooler

January 12, 2009 at 12:57PM | Unregistered Commenterclubs are out

I like the plumm it is the one place that loser david jaffee does not promote!

January 12, 2009 at 12:58PM | Unregistered Commenternot david jaffee

so where do you go "clubs are out"?

January 12, 2009 at 12:59PM | Unregistered Commenteranswer

I'm gonna start promoting The Plumm!
I feel it's my task to bring this club back to its former glory and get it back up on its feet.
Thanks

January 12, 2009 at 01:29PM | Unregistered CommenterDavid Jaffee

I have read about this noel ashman guy for years but i have never seen a picture of him. He looks really young also kind of cute

January 12, 2009 at 03:34PM | Unregistered Commenterwow

jaffee please dont!

January 12, 2009 at 03:34PM | Unregistered Commenterdont

get a life

January 12, 2009 at 03:36PM | Unregistered Commenterlosers

Douche + Bag = Noel Ashman

January 12, 2009 at 04:06PM | Unregistered CommenterantiB&T

oh my gawd

January 12, 2009 at 04:14PM | Unregistered Commenteri love jaffe

loser

January 12, 2009 at 04:21PM | Unregistered Commenteri hate jaffee

i want to bang the waitress who work there on weekends!

January 12, 2009 at 04:23PM | Unregistered Commenterhorney

for all anonymous bloggers read the ny post article about the model likula cohen. it is very easy to find out your identities and you will be liable for slander. fyi

January 12, 2009 at 04:33PM | Unregistered Commenterlook out

fuck you

January 12, 2009 at 04:38PM | Unregistered Commenterfuck you

liskula cohen

January 12, 2009 at 05:35PM | Unregistered CommenterLearn to Spell

Dear DBTH,
From my cubicle on wall street I report that all my earnings will be up for this quarter. Yes, I am a genius I-Banker, and for fun instead of going out with my friends and buying bottles (because I'm such a successful I-Banker) I spend my nights hustling people to buy bottles in the hopes that the B&T club I'm promoting for will give me a table on the dance floor and a free bottle! This is what I call going out the Jaffee way!! If you want to be added to my mass text messaging please check out my website. In the meanwhile, I will be trying to get within 20 feet of the doorman at Plumm to find out the real story, and hopefully I will be able to report the true story with diligence from my cubicle on Wall Street tomorrow morning.

Kind Regards,
David Jaffee

PLEASE CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE! And dont forget to buy hair gel if you're coming out with me.

January 12, 2009 at 06:12PM | Unregistered CommenterDavid Jaffee

Still occasionally work at plumm when the mood is right and still get paid.. takes a while but have been paid pretty much everything I am owed. Noel isnt the most professional but hes not that bad when you get to know him. He is not an asshole to promoters, if some dont get paid there's a good reason for it.

just saying

January 12, 2009 at 08:23PM | Unregistered Commenterjust saying

I AGREE WITH JUST SAYING I ALSO WORK AT THE PLUMM AND HAVE ALWAYS BEEN PAID(SOMETIMES LATE) .NOEL CAN BE QUICK WITH PEOPLE AT TIMES BUT I HAVE USUALLY FOUND HIM TO BE FAIR AND THE PLUMM HAS OUTLASTED ALL CLUBS EXEPT FOR MARQUEE AND TRUTH BE TOLD IT STILL GETS A GOOD CROWD. THEY MUST BE DOING SOMETHING RIGHT

January 12, 2009 at 11:06PM | Unregistered CommenterHAPPY WORKER

can we find a new club owner to talk about?

January 12, 2009 at 11:09PM | Unregistered Commenterenough

plum and maurquee both suck

January 12, 2009 at 11:11PM | Unregistered Commenterb& t hater

thank you happy worker, but you are full of shit and you know it!

And YES this is the real David Jaffee you stupid punk.

January 12, 2009 at 11:23PM | Unregistered CommenterDavid Jaffee

David Jaffee, saying that Happy Worker is full of shit just shows how unlegit you are, and how noone wants to work with you, including a place as terrible as Plumm. Clearly you're calling Happy Worker out for actually getting paid, and saying that the people who work at the Plumm are honest. Since you're a terrible promoter you dont get paid for a reason. Read "Just Sayings" post.

January 13, 2009 at 12:03AM | Unregistered CommenterThe Fake David Jaffee

Oh Please, give me a break.
You can see that i am doing something with my life. Just check my website and you will see how many REAL CLUBS i am working with. "www.davidjaffee.com"
What about you?? What are you doing with your self? Oh yeah sorry, you are working at Plumm.

January 13, 2009 at 12:24AM | Unregistered CommenterDavid Jaffee

i dont know david jaffee(or want to) but if you read his posts on this website it is clear he is perhaps the biggest loser in ny get a life! i read in a earlier post you worked at the club home does anything more need to be said? It is funny in the old days loser yuppies and guidos like you would be too embarresed to go to a hot club wow how the scene has fallen! I was never a huge fan of the plum my self but kuidos to them for not hiring you!

January 13, 2009 at 12:40AM | Unregistered Commenterhello

loser i mean jaffee on your website you are promoting azza and mansion time to find something else to do with your life! lol lol

January 13, 2009 at 12:44AM | Unregistered Commenterlol

jaffee maybe people would tool on you as much if you did not spend your time on websites trying to diss people and clubs you feel inferior to?

January 13, 2009 at 12:49AM | Unregistered Commenteridea

And, for the 36th year running, the David Jaffee Worst Promoter of the Year Award goes to.......drumroll....OMG! DAVID JAFFEE. Yay! the streak continues.

p.s. Azza closed, and Mansion just gave the Friday deal to Alex and Leo. Back to Pop Burger with you!

January 13, 2009 at 01:25PM | Unregistered CommenterNYCOracle

LMFAO

January 13, 2009 at 01:40PM | Unregistered CommenterLOL

But... we don't want him...

January 13, 2009 at 01:40PM | Unregistered CommenterPop Burger

Did Jaffee promote for Hustler Gentlemen's Club? lol
whatever happened to that

btw, here's your new opportunity Jaffster: http://www.shacllc.com/eblast/pdf/sapphire_press_release.pdf

January 13, 2009 at 01:42PM | Unregistered Commenter?

i heard wills in bensonhurst needs a promoter too jaffee you might even be cool there

January 14, 2009 at 01:42PM | Unregistered Commenterjack

we dont want him either try jersey

January 14, 2009 at 01:42PM | Unregistered Commenterwills

no no please dont!!!

January 14, 2009 at 01:43PM | Unregistered Commenterjersey

I love it when Noel comes on this website and uses names like "the truth", "happy worker", etc....

You might want to wait a little longer than 3-5 minutes to make posts it makes them a tiny bit more believable.

Noel Ashman is a THIEF. He owes a lot of money to a lot of people. He's lost several claims cases already. Anyone who still works there or goes there is a fool.

The best is when he DJs, and I use that term loosely. Its amazing how quick he can empty his own club when he starts playing music.

DBTH: Please stop wasting time with stories about this loser and his sad club.

January 14, 2009 at 11:19PM | Unregistered CommenterSigh...

heard they are doing something in miami

January 15, 2009 at 04:26AM | Unregistered Commenterdaisy

a bunch of playa haters recognize he doin his thing mucch respec

January 16, 2009 at 04:12AM | Unregistered Commenterdj