Wednesday
Oct152008

Bungalow 2.0

Just when we are being told that Bunaglow 8  is poised for a great comeback, we get word that any yahoo with a Facebook account can get invited to a party in its hallowed halls. For instance, tonight we have been invited to "Join Me at BUNGALOW 8 on WEDNESDAY NIGHT OCTOBER 15th For ROCK & ROLL by NYC DJ LEGEND "UNCLE MIKE" and Browse a Very Special collection of Vintage Rock Concert T Shirts For Sale Provided by REFRESHMINT VINTAGE." Sounds hot and exclusive, just like the old Bungalow.

« On the Circuit: Highland Park 40-Year at Double Crown | Main | Make Mine a Drambuie »

No offense DBTH, I would let you into any party I have, however just because you have been invited certainly does not mean you will get in, especially with Disco at the door! B8 is always hot, and is making a comeback. I love how B8 can go from super chill, to off the wall. That's what makes it so great.

October 15, 2008 at 11:46AM | Unregistered CommenterMoney Making

hahaha. money making, you're an idiot. regardless of whether disco let's anyone in, going from having not even a website to facebook promotion is laughable. maybe you think the new cain will mean 27th is totally back? hahaha. although they do have those new couches at bungalow...

October 15, 2008 at 12:15PM | Unregistered Commenterstua

Stua & DBTH. To my understanding Bungalow8 is merely the host of this "fashion event" for Refreshment Vintage, presumably some sort of Vintage T-Shirt company. B8 is not promoting here at all, they are merely hosting the party. It would be no different then me inviting you via facebook to lets say a birthday party that I would be having at Bungalow 8.

October 15, 2008 at 01:08PM | Unregistered CommenterMoney Making

Ps. Cain will not bring back 27th street, because of the Guido B&T invasion. However, B8 and Cain will be (more than ever) anomalies of 27th street in comparison to the rest of the trash that surround them.

October 15, 2008 at 01:11PM | Unregistered CommenterMoney Making

wrong! by letting someone host an event at b8 and then promoting it on facebook, they have imploded. never would have happened before. i never would have been able to host an event that amy didn't think would draw the right people. but, she has better things to worry about now, like having more sun tan lotion applied while she sits on the beach somewhere and laughs at nyc nightlife.

October 15, 2008 at 01:33PM | Unregistered Commenterstua

stua = correct

money making = good effort, but wrong

October 15, 2008 at 02:47PM | Unregistered Commenterword up

NYC nightlife cant be beat, not London, not Dubai, not LA, it's still the best. The shame is that 27th street is such a shit hole. Bungalow might not be what it once was, but who said it was good then? It was just a bunch of celebs, and star fuckers circle jerking about how exclusive the place was, when in fact no one actually had the kahunas to bother trying to get in. Same thing with The Eldridge today... B8 is still one of the hardest doors in NYC, and whether or not you're invited to this party certainly does not mean that you will be let in. Please take note that it is happening on a Wednesday night, which is almost as cool as Sunday night.

October 15, 2008 at 03:20PM | Unregistered CommenterMoney Making

all of you are idiotic. i can gaurantee that none of you were hanging out at bungalow when it opened. 27th street was never hot....it was always bridge and tunnel....just because they are having an event that the client is promoting through facebook doesnt mean anything negative. quick to hate! losers....plus....to say the eldridge is hot is a joke...i would never grace the place but i heard u walk into a strobe light, sit w a mix of wannabe's in suits, and its hot as shit in ther. the dj's that work there told me it sucks. and l.e.s was played out 5 years ago.....bullshit suckers...none of you are even from nyc.

October 15, 2008 at 03:32PM | Unregistered Commenterbeeninthisgameforyears

by the way....uncle mike is the man and doesnt do whack shit. u probably dont even know the nyc legend. bitches!

October 15, 2008 at 03:33PM | Unregistered Commenterbeeninthisgameforyears

nothing wrong with using facebook to invite people to an event. not sure how that equates to an event not being cool.

October 15, 2008 at 04:13PM | Unregistered CommenterDuke

Dear beeninthisgameforyears,

Did I ever claim the Eldridge was hot? And yes there was a time when 27th street was not B&T.

If the LES is dead, 27th street is B&T, the rest of the meatpacking district is Euro-trash tourists, Williamsburg is too hipster/lame, the Bowery is so yesterday then please -- just please instruct me on where to go! I have heard of a few hot new places opening up in the 60's and Madison Ave. where you can smoke cigars with 60 year old men! Sounds exciting to me!! Cliches and gross generalizations are rightfully established for a reason, needless to say it doesn't mean that their cant be aberrations to these established generalizations.

Sincerely,

Money Making

October 15, 2008 at 04:19PM | Unregistered Commenteryouhavenotbeeninthisgameforyears

sunday night is the bomb! remember stripper sundays at pangaea anyone? great crowds sunday-wednesday nights. that's where you get the legit parties.

October 15, 2008 at 04:28PM | Unregistered Commenterstua

i most certainly remember stripper sundays.

lol, excellent my friend, excellent.

October 15, 2008 at 04:53PM | Unregistered Commenterword up

Has any of you guys even gotten into The Eldridge or Bungalow? I think you guys are losing what it means to be exclusive. It's not about "tight doors" - it is just about letting in the right people to create the right party. The Eldridge and Bungalow both have the same philosphy that it isn't the bottle factor, its the cool factor, but if Bungalow really did post this, then they have really lost their vision.

If Bungalow 8 really wanted to make money, then they can easily hire promoters to pack the place, but they don't do that, same thing with The Eldridge - that is why NYC nightlife sucks, because promoters think they run the city.

October 15, 2008 at 05:12PM | Unregistered CommenterBeCool

There are still a few great spots in NYC where you can go with your friends and have a great time without dealing with any BS, and Bungalow is one of those places. People who spend time there know exactly what I'm talking about. Bungalow has always hosted private events, so as far as I know, this is nothing new for them.

Receiving an invitation to an event on Facebook (or anywhere else for that matter) certainly doesn't imply guaranteed admission.

October 15, 2008 at 05:46PM | Unregistered Commenterface

facebook helped me find out about my cousins briss. so using the site to notify people of happenings is alright by me...

October 15, 2008 at 06:20PM | Unregistered Commenterdaftjustice

Stua-

Good call on Pangaea... Arguably one of the best parties i've ever experienced... Rocco Ancarola kept that place rockin!

October 16, 2008 at 03:31AM | Unregistered CommenterantiB&T

I'm not gonna knock Bungalow 8 or Amy Sacco... The easiest thing to do, other than write a damn blog post like this one, is to criticize people.
However, I do wonder if B8 was as lucrative as it was popular.

October 16, 2008 at 03:35AM | Unregistered CommenterantiB&T

Excuse me?!?!

I randomly walked into B8 two Saturday nights ago. Not cool. Bad crowd, mixed vibes. Disco used to only let me in with a few girlfriends, back in the day, when everyone was there and bungalow had the tighest door in the city. This special night he didnt mind me rolling in with +5. Bungalows gone down the shitter...the facebook posting says it all.

Now about the Eldridge. It seems only a few of you have actually been there and others are falling for the hype. The place is horrible. Im a personal friend of Matts..he texts me/begs me to come all the time. One Thursday night, long, long ago, it was descent. What made it not horrible were the free $30 dollar cocktails Matt supplied me and my friends with. A few Satursdays ago, it was DEAD. I mean DEAD, and at 130am no less. I cruised over to 1oak after bolting 5 mintues later, and it 1oak was packed. I had an awesome night there. It was still happening past 4am. The only spots worthwhile in the city are Rose Bar, Beatrice, and 1oak. I havent checked out chloe yet though. Apotheke had a semi-decent crowd, and the eldridge fails to live up to of the hype

October 16, 2008 at 01:02PM | Unregistered Commenteri know better

$30 drinks?! That place should be shut down. Fuck that.

October 16, 2008 at 01:40PM | Unregistered CommenterDuke

Daftjustice had the best post by far.

October 16, 2008 at 10:41PM | Unregistered CommenterColin

yes! "stripper sundays" at pangaea was the best. if you were special you got to stay there until 5:30 a.m. after they kicked everyone out for the private after hours. also, when rocco started sundays it wasn't "stripper sundays." it was more international, jetsetters, models, and celebs. it became stripper sundays when the morrissey brothers joined the crew. i personally loved every minute of both phases of those sundays and i think i only missed 4 or 5 sundays out of the whole 2.5 years (due to being on the payroll).

and this post has nothing to do with the OP but i couldn't resist after stua brought that up.

October 17, 2008 at 01:43AM | Unregistered Commenterworked_there

i think that everyone has there opinions of whats good and whats not good.....fact of the matter, you are going to go where you have fun and everyone has a different idea of fun.....all of this nonsense about whats hot and whats not is so contrived and i think each person has their own favorite place no matter how "lame" it might read.

October 18, 2008 at 12:25AM | Unregistered Commenterdisco

and come to think of it.....i was at bungalow a few weeks ago and it was dead however i was with my friends at a table and we were having a great time with the place to ourselves.... i dont really care whose there besides the people i have fun with.

October 18, 2008 at 12:27AM | Unregistered Commenterdisco

bungalow 8 is the place in nyc that really doesn't give a shit.. they just want people who are relaxed and not trying hard to come and do just that, relax and not give a damn. If you go to b8 you know, its about you and your friends just chilling out.....not like 1oak where a bunch of cheap fucks that used to work at abercrombie and fitch who just started to listen to house music clammer to get on the good side of a doorman named BIN who's small hands, narrow shoulders, lane bryant trenchcoat and pre-pubescent mustache would have you wondering why anyone would care if this dehydrated, exhausted likeness to "the hills" justin bobby lets you cross his velvet rope. so if your tired of the overhyped B.S. of newer spots, throw it back for a classic night at an old favorite.

October 18, 2008 at 06:21AM | Unregistered Commenterl.e.s. bien

I can't stand places that are overly crowded. I love 1oak and no 1oak is not always crowded, especially before 2am. I love B8 and have absolutely nothing negative to say about it. Beatrice is cool and NOT always packed! Chloe's another great one, as is Bijoux. Stop knocking Matt and The Eldridge, movie night is pretty cool and so are Thursdays. Southside is another great place. -Just my opinion, no need to pick my post apart.

As for BIN, 1oak needs to upgrade ASAP. That's my one and only negative comment about the place. The waitresses are pretty hot, can't forget them.

October 18, 2008 at 07:20AM | Unregistered Commenteryeah yeah

Inviting people via facebook isn't a bad thing, get with the times people.

October 18, 2008 at 07:26AM | Unregistered Commenteryeah yeah

wasn't this photo taken from guest of a guest? acknowledgements ?

October 18, 2008 at 04:52PM | Unregistered Commenterkarateporkchop